Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tough ride on the Racetrack loop yesterday (Friday). I wasn't able to generate my normal level of effort. I couldn't have powered a night light with the amount of watts my meter said I was putting out. My feet hurt and there was an intermittent stinging emanating from my pee-hole. Kind of like when a little hair or tiny fleck of something gets stuck around it. So that was awesome.

Anyway I soldiered on. I reminisced about this dude I used to work with many years ago in a heart cath lab. His name was Jeff, but I called him Captain Sabotage because he was a walking screw up. The Dr had subscribed to this cable radio service. Captain Sabotage loved singing along but could never get the lyrics right to well known songs. Thus when Credence came on he'd proudly sing, "I wanna know, have you ever seeeen Lorraaiiinne?" Or with Lyrnyrd Skynyrd it'd be "They call me Febreeze, I keep rollin' down the road. Or most ridiculously, "Hey Mister Tangerine Man play a song for me."

You might be tempted to think he was doing it on purpose but if you were around him for about ten minutes you would realize that most assuredly was not the case. He would get upset when I corrected him. We'd be in the middle of a case trying to save some dude's life while I'd be trying to convince him that Febreeze hadn't even been invented when Skynyrd wrote "Call Me the Breeze" or how it would be next to impossible to play a song using a tangerine.

Going down to Orlando this weekend to visit V's parents. We plan on bringing back her vintage 70's Schwinn she rode as a kid and having Bikes and More fix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment