Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It was raining on the way home today (Tuesday). I was wearing my rain cape waiting on the corner of 34th and Archer for the light to change. Some young man in an SUV driving by looked at me and said, "You look like a giant yellow dildo."

He said it in a matter of fact manner, not screaming or obnoxious even though it seemed like he was trying to amuse his friends. It was like it was his first time heckling someone from a car and he hadn't quite gotten the hang of it. Of course I could have said something crude such as "Yeah like the kind your boyfriends banged you with last night." In the moment though I was too dumbfounded by the fact that the rain cape has kind of an octopus shape and is really the antithesis of what a dildo looks like. If he had said I looked like a giant yellow douche bag I could almost see how he would come to that conclusion.

Oh and Lizard Lips from the Glider ride came into the pharmacy. He was accompanying a woman picking up a prescription. We didn't acknowledge that we knew each other which was as it should be.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, equating a flappy octopus-like rain poncho/cape with a sleek, aerodynamic dildo is pretty confusch. He obviously lacks experience in effective road-heckling. You, on the other hand, are totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete