Monday, August 8, 2011

Rode with the CoF on the Hawthorne trail Saturday. That guy's an animal going around 30mph not even clipped in to pedals, riding on thick ass monster truck tires.

Today's (Monday) ride on the Millhopper loop set a new personal record by 9 seconds, averaging 20.4 mph for anyone keeping score. There was a lot of activity in the bike lane. I had to pass an above average number of cyclists and joggers, including this one middle aged lady with a bunch of stomach tattoos who I see out there often. A cop on a motorcycle had pulled over a truck. They were still camped out in the bike lane when I was coming back in the opposite direction.

Let's see, at the bottom of the I-75 hill there was a bread truck pulled over in the lane with a flat tire, a guy on the I-75 overpass partying with a weed whacker, lots of random stuff.

I guess my new Millhopper loop goal should be to bust through the 39 minute barrier.

When I came home I threw all my sweat drenched clothes and gloves on the back deck to dry out. This is an attempt to reduce the overall hamper funk, improve the odor of my gloves and cut down on festering bacteria.

This past weekend I had to rewear a soiled jersey for the Hawthorne trail ride. It had just been hanging out in the hamper. I grabbed the one that stunk the least and went for it. At the end of the H-trail ride I smelled like a homeless bigfoot. I went to Bikes and More right after the ride and felt really bad for them as I became aware of my horrific stench. I guess I'll buy some extra jerseys too.

1 comment:

  1. Your new goal should be to knock over the guy with the weedwhacker. Yeah, don't ever smell your gloves. There's a reason I always take them off whilst eating, I don't want that shit near my mouth.

    You didn't smell bad. That was me.

    btw,isn't Bigfooot technically always homeless?

    ReplyDelete