Thursday, July 28, 2011

Slept a ton last night and despite some weird blood drenched nightmares it was fairly restful. Some residual stomach upset but I hopped on the Sempre and blazed it up into work. I was a little tentative on the way in , not sure how sick I still was.

Ran out of oxycodone at work which upset the afternoon roaches. Man, this morning I filled about 1600 pills of oxy 30. It was just loco.

I was feeling ok when I got off work so I was a little more aggressive on my one 1 minute speed ups on the way home. Had to slow down here and there to avoid cars. There were people on the sidewalk by Westside park so I made like Michael McDonald and started taking it to the streets. I was flying up the hill on that narrow ass portion of 34th singing "You don't know me but I'm your Bro-other!" I was smoking it up to the 16th ave intersection and caught a green light and kept cranking.

Do you ever think about the lyrics to "Who Do You Love?" Of course everyone from the Doors, to George Thorogood to the Jesus and Mary Chain have covered it. It has some fairly intense lyrics for a 50's song. "Tombstone hand and a graveyard mind, just 22 and I don't mind dying." I read that walking 47 miles of barbwire is a reference to being in prison, an ice truck is slang for a hearse and "Who Do" is a play on words for hoodoo-folk magic. There are cobra snakes for neckties, chimneys made out of human skull, just nuts. Sometimes I think it would be awesome if an Eastern European guy covered it in broken English.

No comments:

Post a Comment