Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday I rode with the Gliders. I spent more time at the front today- 21 minutes over all. Boss Hogg was unusually non-dominating. There is one steep hill that I got pretty gassed on. I made it to the top with a good effort but couldn't catch my breath afterward.

In the last 6 miles of the ride Boss Hogg and Skeletor manipulated the paceline so they didn't have to lead on the hills on Millhopper rode. That way they would be rested up for the final push. That seemed pretty bush league to me but whatever. I was right there a mile and a half from the finish but this side stitch I had been dealing with the past 5 minutes would be ignored no longer. I had to back off.

Later V and I rode downtown to the farmer's market, the Top and Karma Cream. Had a phenomenal watermelon mint popsicle from the Pop Stop stand. Also checked out the new food co-op on Main St. We passed on joining that for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment