Sunday, July 24, 2011

After a long 4 weeks I was finally reunited like Peaches and Herb with the Cyclist on Fire for the Hawthorne trail ride. Coming out of the Hammock portion of the trail the CoF went nuts and started blazing it up. Here's a guy coming off an insane foot injury, riding a sick ass bike made for hauling monster stuff, not even clipped in just rocking the massive decks and he's smoking up hills >22mph.

So we spent the time catching up- talking about hypothetical philosophical arguments between Gary Numan and Bob Seger (relative merits of cars vs. old time rock n roll), Prince ("17 Days") and radiologists in Iron Maiden tribute bands.

When I came back home Virginia and I biked downtown to the Sun Center to have brunch at BFD. It's a new place owned by the Boca Fiesta people. It was pretty good and I was starving. I ordered a ton of food. Riding back was hot. I've been spraying the skin under my beard with this clear liquid sun screen. It smells like coconut and has this searing intense sensation when initially applied.

Later V and I rode back downtown to the Top for dinner. I had the Veggie Napoleon which was slices of fried tempeh stacked high with tons of veggies. Then we went to Karma Cream where a homeless guy wandered in and began having an incoherent conversation with the owner about needing to use the phone. What was confusing was he appeared to be holding a functioning cell phone in his hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment