Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Tough ride with the Gliders today. A lot of time up at the front. The last 15-20 minutes were the hardest I've ever biked. Towards the end Skeletor passed me. I heard this other dude exclaim, "Nice guy!." As in Skeletor had been drafting off me for miles and at the end takes advantage of his rested state to sprint by me. Honestly, it didn't really bother me though.

One thing was interesting that had never happened before. One time as I was dropping back from having been at the front this one dude signaled that I was to get back in the paceline in front of him. That usually means someone is tired is not in the paceline rotation. He actually reached out and gave me a push on the back with his hand. It did give me a momentary momentum boost.

Monday I set a personal mark for watts on the Millhopper loop. I didn't beat me best time though because of a head wind. Mainly, I'm just trying to improve a little month to month and not hurt myself.

Remember the cat that looked like it was dead on the sidewalk last week? I saw it again in its yard riding in to work Tuesday. It looked pretty cute. It appeared to be randomly digging a hole. The cool Tuesday morning weather felt good. Made me wonder how much the new beard will keep my face warm when I'm biking in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment