Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Had a decidedly lackadaisical Glider ride today (Wednesday). I was still feeling fatigued from fighting a cold. Plus none of the usual pace pushers (Boss Hogg etc) were in attendance. The parakeet harrumphed at me a few times because I was weaving around a little and slowing down at times to avoid hitting the person in front of me. Since the ride finished up along 53rd ave I peeled off I mile early to arrive home sooner.

My court subpoena date was moved to today. I went to the courthouse and chilled in the witness room for over an hour. Finally it seemed like the court was recessing for the day. The bailiff came in and asked why I was in there. The plaintiff's attorney then came in and said I wasn't needed after all. The whole thing had been a waste of time.

When I retrieved my cell phone from the courthouse locker I discovered Keith from Bikes and More had left a message that my replacement bike computer had arrived. I went down to pick it up. All the B&M'ers were just standing in a giant huddle by the jerseys. It was a sight to behold. Paul has an impressive work force. I felt like they all should have been wearing gold blazers.

Anyway I am charging up the computer now. Hopefully this will fix the cadence bug. I still need to program it. With my lack of technical expertise I'll probably inadvertently set it up so it mistakenly initiates nuclear missile launch codes whenever I go on a ride.

I'm thinking the lawyers probably saw me with my new beard and realized that it was way too dangerous to allow me to take the stand. They'd ask me a question and I'd begin to thoughtfully stroke my facial hair while formulating a response. Then I'd have the jury under the thrall of beard power. If I had a pipe to go along with it I probably could have convinced them to give him the death penalty.

So it is day 12 of the beard. Apparently I haven't accomplished much yet except for managing to look like a creepy European fitness instructor named Raoule. "Eh, how you say, ... hello."



No comments:

Post a Comment