Friday, July 22, 2011

Did the Racetrack loop this morning (Friday). On the way out of town I blitzed through the 441 intersection against a red light. Afterwards I heard an earful from some dude in a truck who didn't appreciate my taking liberties. It wasn't like I had cut it that close but it was mildly reckless and totally illegal so I accepted his unintelligible hollering.

I had decided to up the ante on my 5 minute periodic intervals of more intense riding and try to do them in 225 watts. The challenge is to try to maintain a good pace in between these harder bursts of riding. Anyway I made it on the first two. As I hit the Racetrack road (CR 225) I was getting gassed. The next interval was way of the mark and I was struggling. Still coming in to the home stretch down 53rd ave I was still on pace to beat my best time. I alternated out of the saddle high gear riffing with seated higher cadence bug outs.

Approaching 441 however karma bit me in the ass for my earlier transgression. I was hung up at the light for a minute and a half. Despite killing my momentum I managed to roll up to the finish point in decent time which was cool.

Looking forward to tomorrow's ride with the CoF!

No comments:

Post a Comment