Tuesday, December 7, 2010

This morning (Tuesday) I got stuck behind some little kid on a BMX bike pedaling to Glen Spings Elem. If I stay on the right hand side of the road I run into a traffic snarl with all the cars turning towards me into the school. If I cross the street early then I have to stay on the sidewalk on the left hand side then it's hard to get around all the kids and parents.

Along 34th St I saw small kid with huge backpack(SKHB). All bundled up he looked like even more of an old man with his downtrodden shuffle. At the intersection of 34th /16th ave the lead car at the red light was pulled halfway into the bike lane. As punishment I hit the crosswalk button which forced all the cars to stay there an extra 30 seconds while I got to cross with the walk signal. I looked back when I was at Westwood Middle School in satisfaction to see all the cars still stopped there. Sure I'm a dick, but the lesson is don't take my lane.

My left hand started to get painfully numb even with the thermal gloves and liners. I passed Biking Hispanic Lady (BHL). In a moment of unprecedented jauntiness I waved. Her mouth just opened and she registered no emotion. I don't think she was thrilled. It was kind of the blog version of breaking down the fourth wall.

Ride home was non-descript. A car was cool to slow down on 34th by Publix to allow me to slide into the bike lane. It's a tricky spot where the bike lane moves out into the road to the left of the cars' right turn lane.

Later went to Steve's house to borrow his bike trainer. He had left it out in his driveway for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment