Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Another rough day on the road with the Sempre. Did the 29 mile Race Track loop again. Finished in about the same time as last week. I felt a little more comfortable in that I avoided the nut shattering speed bumps this time. Even though this is a short ride by cyclists' standards I get bored out there. All alone in the middle of nowhere, gloomy and overcast. There is one section by the UF Dairy Unit that carries the overpowering smell of cow shit.

On the cool down ride back home I saw another one of those bicycles with a motor on it. I guess I kind of see the point, but I couldn't help but stare in disdain. He wasn't pedaling at all. The rider must have noticed because he hollered some indecipherable piece of wisdom at me.

Earlier I had dropped off the Cortina to Bikes and More. The rear wheel was rubbing on the brake. Broken spoke. They went above and beyond to get it back to me same day so kudos to Bikes and More.

Now I can ride it to work in the 32 F weather expected tomorrow. I have all of my cold gear laid out ready to go. The heated gloves are charging. I've got the glove liners, smart wool socks, balaclava face mask, winter bike clip in boots, under armor pants, sweat shirt and orange windproof jacket. The ride is only 20-25 minutes long, but that's all it takes for my fingers and toes to get totally fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment