Thursday, December 2, 2010

Had a first this morning when I rolled to the intersection of 34th and University. There was a biker in front of me and another biker pulled up behind. So there we were three bike dudes at a stoplight freezing our nuts off. I was actually pretty comfortable underneath my layers. I was firing a lot of snot and the balaclava was kind of itchy, but the boots and the gloves performed admirably.

Passed Biking Hispanic Lady (BHL) in her winter ensemble.

I like riding by Littlewood Elementary's Christmas tree sale on the corner of 34th and 8th Ave. Seeing the little kids milling around and all the trees warms even my Grinch like heart.

Cops were up and down 34th st pulling people over during the ride home. I brought home a ton of paper from work to recycle . The weight in my panniers threw off my balance a little. Kind of like when I go grocery shopping. The worst is when I have like a watermelon on one side and toilet paper in the other and eggs in the backpack. Pulling that off is like jugging a chainsaw, a raisin and a bowling ball.

Did I mention I accidentally ran over an animal carcass yesterday during the Racetrack loop?

No comments:

Post a Comment