Friday, December 17, 2010

Ride in yesterday(Thursday AM) was cool. I had SY's "In the Kingdom" in my head while getting ready that morning, but surprise it wasn't playing on the Walgreens muzak when I walked in. Saw BHL. It dawned on me that she doesn't wear a helmet. Also she rides down 34th st on the sidewalk against traffic. Dangerous in terms of cars on side streets trying to pull out.

The lights were kind and I made good time despite not biking very hard. My legs were still sore from the day before.

It was cool riding to Bikes and More with you (Harry, not my other follower, 'Bikes'). Man you really don't like sidewalks.

Later Virginia and I biked to Boca Fiesta for dinner. The Hippodrome looked nice with it's Christmas lights. In fact the whole area had a nice atmosphere considering how built up and commercialized it has become. Boca was out of the Dessert Nachos as always. They get bits of waffle cone or something from Karma Cream and then add ice cream and hot fudge and stuff. I really don't know because every time I order it they don't have it.

The ride home was colder and V was pedaling at a good clip to get home. We'd hit these pockets of cold at the bottom of hills.

My mom emailed me that she wants to test drive my bike and accompany her to the bike store to possible buy one. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment