Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Went on the Glider ride this morning (Wednesday). Once again in the last mile 2 riders whizzed past me. I tried to go with them but there was no way even though I was going 27 mph.

Later I went to Bikes and More to deal with the flat tire issue with the Cortina. Brian said there was a worn spot in the Kevlar tire that was creating friction on the tube. That caused the tube to rupture. That made me feel better because the tubes didn't blow because I was a dope but rather because I"m such a bad ass that I wore out a Kevlar tire. That's how I decided to look at it anyway.

Afterward I related to Paul how I keep getting dropped at the end of group rides. He flashed his supportive smile of zen like tranquility and dispensed some wisdom and training advice. Paul said he was a little envious that I'm able to ride regularly. He said he loves to ride bikes but between being a dad and a business owner he doesn't have as much time as he would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment