Wednesday, April 6, 2011


Well I rode with the Gliders and it was about 50 degrees so I wore the Nitto wool jersey. There was some badass I had never seen before that was dominating the ride. For a while we were in a double paceline which led to more socializing. I was tempted to start pontificating about the genius of Billy Squire to the dude riding next to me but decided to sing "Lonely Is the Night" to myself instead.

When we went back to single file the badass started hammering it again. A few miles from the end one group started sprinting out. I was too busy watching for rocks and sticks to notice right away . The badass was a little ahead and caught the light at 53rd and 441 just right and he was gone while the rest of us had to hang back.

Still, buoyed by the power of the Nitto I felt like I was floating in the sky like a giant parade float. Or maybe it was the lack of oxygen and glucose going to my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment