Sunday, April 24, 2011

On the ride home from work Easter Sunday, I shit you not- I saw a bunny hopping along the sidewalk. It was brown, fluffy, pretty cute.

In other news I had Bikes and More put my old bike computer with the cadence sensor on the Cortina. I figure on my commutes to work I can work on increasing my pedaling speed. Ridiculous, I know but it keeps me out of trouble. Normally I pedal about 90 rpm's on the road with the Sempre. I put the Cortina in a low gear and a couple of times jacked the pedaling up to 157 rpm's for a few seconds. It was weird, like a hamster on amphetamines running on an exercise wheel.

Saturday I did the Racetrack loop before work. I didn't set any personal records but it was a solid effort. The middle half was pretty windy.

Had a pretty meaningful conversation with Paul about gears and chain rings. Brian, the big friendly giant was looming in the background. At one point some random little kid rode down the sidewalk on a bike and Brian greeted him "Hey P'Shawn". How does Brian know everyone? I think he is a benevolent being from another dimension sent here to save the human race using only positive vibes and the power to finely tune bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment