Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stopped off at Sweet Dreams on the ride home from work late Saturday night. Had the fudge brownie with raspberry ice cream. Sitting outside on a bench next to my bike sinking my teeth into the sugary goodness a feeling of contentment washed over me- kind of like Robert Plant's "Big Log" video.

This was in contrast to earlier while at work I was irritated and annoyed, kind of like how I feel when listening to Plant's "Tall Cool One" on the Walgreens muzak.

Also, there are about 12 uplifting latter day Bon Jovi "anthems" that get played at Walgreens. They are all totally interchangeable. All came out way after their heyday. One is actually called "We Weren't Born to Follow". It came out in 2009. According to wikipedia Jon Bon says it's "about working people picking themselves up by their bootstraps in hard times." I guess if anyone owns boot straps it's a Bon Jovi fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment