Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It blows my mind how many people on bikes diagonally cross the intersection of 13th and University.

On the way to work this morning I forgot to cross the road in time and got caught in Glen Springs Elementary school traffic. The crossing guard waved me through along with this little kid so it was cool. I go through 3 school zones on the way to work. It's a sleazebag move but if I can piggyback on to some little kid trying to cross the road then I'm golden.

On the ride home after the night shift I see so many people spray painting on the 34th st wall. Then on the ride in the next morning I read all the dumb shit they were putting up there.

The 'bead jack' is awesome. It's this thing I ordered to help pull the last bit of tire onto the rim while changing a flat. I just practice changing tires on my extra wheel, pretty much every day. It sounds dumb but it's actually kind of fun.

Haven't seen small kid with huge backpack lately.

Did the Millhopper route (13.4 miles) Monday. I did it pretty quickly (41:09) but my power output was significantly less (454 watts) than some rides. Maybe it was less windy or maybe I was more aerodynamic. Riding with the Gliders Wednesday morning.

Man, where is my replacement cadence sensor? I'm going by Bikes and More tomorrow to get some answers. I'll probably come home with no idea about the sensor but having purchased a pair of wool biking underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment