Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rode the Hawthorne trail solo Sunday morning. Started off poorly. My chain was messed up around the derailleur and the pedals weren't moving. A half hour and a pair of greasy hands later I took off. I saw a deer, a rabbit, and dozens of panicked squirrels on the trail. One dude riding the opposite way actually ran over a squirrel on his bike.

There was a big fallen tree blocking part of the path. I had to put my back over my shoulder cyclocross style and step over it. Want to know how badass the park service is? The guy already had it cleared and was sawing it up by the time I was riding back. Other than that not much to report. I didn't stop at the halfway point. It didn't seem worth it when there wasn't anyone awesome to talk with about the greatness of Gary Numan. There were a bunch of older people there getting ready to ride, but I figured they probably thought "Cars" was Numan's high water mark and were likely Ultravox fans.

The new cadence sensor was working great. After not having it for a few weeks I noticed my pedal rate was down some so I just focused on bringing it back up without overdoing it.

Stopped by Bikes and More later to check on some shorts I had ordered a while back. Chandler started to wait on me, but of course Paul quickly took over. I have to ask Paul about Chandler's story some day.

Have you ever seen the Dinosaur Jr. video to "Over It"? It's pretty cool and I like the song. The video has "the band" doing skateboard and BMX bike tricks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgTJtdn6VjM

Tomorrow I'm going to do the Millhopper loop (I do it every Monday). My dream is to go under 40 minutes someday. Maybe tomorrow's the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment