Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Rode with the Gliders Wednesday. Only 3 other dudes showed up and one left 3/4ths of the way through the ride. So it was a lot of work because I had to spend more time at the front. As usual I couldn't hang on in the last mile and was dropped. It sucks to ride 29 miles and then with just a little to go to fall off.

Went to Bikes and More that afternoon. I was there to pick up some shorts. Paul tells Chandler to handle the register. Chandler walks over. A phone starts to ring. Keith answers the phone. Chandler, oblivious to the fact that the phone has been answered picks up a different phone and tries to answer it instead of waiting on me. What is mystifying is Keith was like 1 foot away from us. I then tell Chandler I need to pick up the shorts. He goes into the back and amazingly is able to 1) locate the shorts and 2) bring them back without destroying the universe in the process. He then hands me the shorts and wanders off instead of ringing me up. I wait for Keith to get off the phone who then completes the sale. I have got to figure out what the deal is with Chandler. Did Paul win him in a poker game, did he just come with the building?

Rode downtown again with V. Went to the Farmer's Market. Ate at Boca Fiesta and then the cupcake place. Rode down to the Top and the Backyard Bar (between Boca and Palomino) last night.

Lost a pannier on the ride over to Bikes and More earlier. Luckily I found it by the bridge on Glen Springs Rd still there 30 minutes later. I hadn't bungee corded it to the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment