Monday, January 2, 2012

As all my long time readers know, I dread cold winter commutes. Tomorrow is predicted to be sub 30 degrees which for Florida is pretty fricken cold. I'm breaking out the under armor leggings, a sweat shirt, my warm up track suit and my heavy duty jacket (not the thin orange one).

I'll also be sporting two pairs of socks, one made out of 'smart wool' whatever the H-E double hockeysticks that is. Oh, I have glove liners and over the liners I'll be wearing my giant heated gloves. Did I mention I shall also be wearing my Lake winter cycling boots with the sick ass insulation? I shall.

I think I'll go ahead and wear the scarf as well. I'm not wearing the balaclava because it feels weird against my beard, but the beard should be adequate face protection. I'll also inhale my Benadrex nasal decongestant to keep snot from pouring down my face as the arctic blast rushes into my nasal passages.

Some people would say it's all overkill. But realize that while they're as cold as ice I'm biking in the heat of the moment.

1 comment:

  1. I never realized that Colin Hay from Men at Work has the lazy eye thing that Thom Yorke has; he perfected that weird off-kilter look years before Radiohead. This post has an excellent use of hyperlinks. The version of Cold of Ice is pretty killer, the vocal asides that Lou Gramm does are awesomely hilarious, as are the growly bass lines that are in there. I opted for the balaklava today, was just fine. But I ain't man enough to grow a beard.

    ReplyDelete