Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Riding home last night (Monday) after work I was startled to hear "Good evening!" booming out from the darkness along 34th st. I was wearing my "Everything's Illuminated" helmet light. I glanced over and saw I gentleman wearing only shorts riding down the other side of the road. The temperature was in the 50's. He said he was a "Yankee" and loved cold weather. He wasn't lying because he had a shirt tied around his waist that he elected not to wear.

I'm gradually transitioning to warmer clothes. I wore shoe covers and lobster paw gloves on my Millhopper ride Monday morning. Sunday's ride to work featured a track suit and a pair of winter gloves. I have to pack more clothes because commuting in the afternoon is still too warm for anything but shorts.

Oh, on the ride in to work Monday afternoon I was barreling down the sidewalk at 8th ave and 34th st. As I hit the intersection I stared down some driver trying to turn left into my path. She shouted some stuff at me. Usually I bike more defensively, but I just wasn't in the mood to have to stop and lose my momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment