Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday morning I decided to bike in to work after an over week long stretch of driving. I had been taking the car due to having to work longer hours, feeling run down and my accident last Wednesday. I was healed up some so I decided a test ride was in order. Everything went fine. It was in the 40's. I had to wear my $3700 lynx bike jacket. I was also able to bike in my work clothes which was a time saver. I am not looking forward to when it drops to the 30's. I saw a deer along 34th st which was a first. Riding home I smelled someone's pipe and it reminded me of my uncle and Christmas time at my grandparents when I was a kid. You know, they say scents trigger the part of the brain that store old memories and I believe it.

Special thanks to the Cyclist on Fire for picking up my bike from B&M and later bringing it to my house. It sucks that I wasn't feeling up to the Hawthorne ride Saturday, but my arm is feeling better today.

I think Bikes and More is like a band. Brian and Dave are the two guitar wizards each with unique but complementary styles like Thurston and Lee. Or maybe Glen Tipton and KK Downing, but honestly can anyone tell those two dudes apart? 


No comments:

Post a Comment