Monday, November 7, 2011

Millhopper loop today. I don't care what anyone says, it is definitely windier here in the fall/winter. Under gray skies I pedaled through every familiar contour of the route. I take some satisfaction in knowing this area so well. Knowing just when to shift gears, when to rise out of the saddle, how long it should take to get to each of my landmarks. Going over the hills on the way back for extra motivation I daydreamed that I was battling it out with my pseudo nemesis Boss Hogg.

I didn't set any time records due to the wind, but I did reach new highs in watts for 15,20,30 and 40 minutes which was cool.

Lots of riding this past weekend. A somewhat chilly Hawthorne trail ride with the Cyclist on Fire. Not looking forward to riding out there when it's 30 degrees but I am looking forward to downing a thermos full of hot chocolate during our stop break.

The wind from the north made the commute home from work Sunday tougher than usual. Plus I was hauling tons of paper from work to recycle. So I was actually kind of exhausted when I arrived home. Have a every mentioned this guy across the street who rides a recumbent? It's not super high tech or anything. He looks pretty content. I still want to ride one of those things.



No comments:

Post a Comment