Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It was raining this morning (Wednesday) but it had pretty much cleared up by the time of the Glider ride. I dutifully went down to the meetup at 8:30 but no one showed. There hadn't been a cancellation notice posted online so I guess it was just assumed.

I decided to take advantage of the situation and do an all out 20 minute ride. There is this thing in power meter cycling where you are supposed to periodically measure your watts going all out for 20 minutes. Then that gets plugged in to a formula which determines how hard your future workouts should be. I don't really adhere to that very strictly but I hadn't done the test in 10 months so I figured I'd go for it and see how much I had improved. I choose to ride north on 441 so I could avoid lights and turns.

I miscalculated a little and had to slow down at one point due to traffic and road debris, but it was minor. My glasses were also gunked up with water drops. I wound up with a power reading of 234 which was an improvement over the 208 I did last January.

On the way back I tried to tackle my 5 second power mark but I didn't get close. I don't know how I'm going to approach that one. It's kind of frustrating. Later in the afternoon I tried again on a hill by my house, still no luck. 






No comments:

Post a Comment