Sunday, November 20, 2011

It's my anniversary this weekend and I'm writing this Sunday morning from St Augustine. Yesterday I made a last minute decision to ride the Hawthorne trail early before we left. I set my sights on setting new power marks for the 3,4 and 5 minute time frames. I still felt tired from the previous day's Racetrack ride. I entered the trail head at 7:30 and there weren't many other people around. Going up the 2nd hill I tried to assault my 5 second best for watts but I came up short.

I decided that once I was out of the Hammock I would go for the other power records. So I started cranking it and things were going well. The last  3 minutes were tough.  I was lightheaded and my heart was pounding.  I made it though.


                                                             Click image to enlarge.

I made 2 other attempts at the 5 second best but the closest I came was 783w.

I saw several deer. Also there were some of the largest cycling contingents I've ever witnessed on the trail. One was this massive group of kids chaperoned by a few adults. Later a really large group of faster adult riders going the opposite direction rode by when I was about 2 miles from the exit. I think big groups of people going relatively fast on this trail presents a safety hazard and freaks out the more casual exercisers.

I stopped at the 8th ave Bike and Coffee House. I blazed in on the Sempre in full regalia with the Molteni wool jersey and scored a pumpkin muffin.

While there I saw this bike
 


There was also a whole rack of sweet ass retro jerseys I'll have to check out later.

Afterward I went by Bikes and More and spoke to Paul about many things such as batteries, gloves, and God versus Christmas. I think if Paul was a cult leader I would join his cult. Maybe I already have. Note to self: start side project called God versus Christmas.




No comments:

Post a Comment