Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Another Glider ride today. The Dad, Publix, Skeletor, San Diego, the Semi were there along with a few others. The Parakeet and the woman who looks almost exactly like her (The Dopplekeet) were there as well. Very non-taxing ride today, but we still had to slow way down a couple of times because the Ride Captain, Skeletor and the Parakeet were dropped.

On the way back I was at the front and I decided to try and break my 10 minute watts record (233 W) which according to my computer program had stood since July. I don't go out and try to set watts records for shorter times so usually they are in the context of a longer outing. Anyway I was at 7 minutes and everything was fine. I was working, but I was in a groove and it was going to happen. There was a headwind so I was having work harder but I wasn't going over the group's 21mph speed limit. I was getting kind of pumped about breaking the record and just as I rounded a corner somebody calls out to slow down because people are way back there. So I had to turn it down a couple of notches and the 10 minute record remains elusive.

At the end the Dad cranked it up to 24-26mph for the last 7 minutes or so. We had a tailwind, but still that guy was killing it.

The ride home from work last night was pretty tiring. I was hauling more crap that weighed me down. I had to lie down on the floor for 10 minutes and just think about nothing. Did I mention I'm applying for a transfer? There is a Walgreens Specialty pharmacy for transplant patients opening up  down the street and they need a manager. Could be a nice change of pace or a complete disaster.




No comments:

Post a Comment