Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pretty good Glider ride today. I was tired from working Monday night, then having to turn around and work Tuesday morning. After I got off work I drove to Jax with V to see the Fleet Foxes.

At one point Boss Hogg and I were riding side by side at front in the double paceline. He struck up a conversation noting that he had seen me commuting while dropping his daughter off for school along Glen Springs road. He inquired about my job, how much I rode, what I rode on the weekend.

In the home stretch down 53rd ave I kept waiting for someone to rev up the pace but they never did. We were doing 22-25mph. The Parakeet was sandwiched between Boss Hogg and me at the front. I kept expecting her to drop off and I was checking my new Italian Bike Mirror to make sure the coast was clear to pass her. She was able to stay up though. She does this weird thing when she is straining. She pushes down on her right leg with her arm to get a little more oomph on her pedal stroke. I guess it works for her, but it seems odd.

There is this dumb light on 53rd and Main. When it is red we are supposed to stop. When I'm riding solo I never do because Main dead ends on our side of the road. So there are no cars going straight that would run into us. As members of the Gainesville Cycling Club we are supposed to obey all traffic rules and there is the possibility that a car could see us while turning, freak out and clip us. Anyway the light turned red. Hogg and I started to slow down, but everything seemed cool so we just said fuck it. I'll probably get a lecture about that next week, but hey I was just following the Hogg's lead and that guy is bulletproof to criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment