Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Glider ride this morning. Boss Hogg was a no show. Without him mugging interminably at the front everyone else stepped up a little. The ride captain who is an older guy who can never keep up when things get faster was in Arizona. Those 2 absences made us a lean machine. On my way to the start point I was thinking about the Dad and the Kid. It dawned on me that the Kid should be in class Wednesday morning and undoubtedly is home schooled. This notion was corroborated by the "Choose Life" license plate I noticed on their van as I wheeled in to the group meetup spot.

During the ride the old guy I mentioned last week had a couple of good pulls at the front. The guy has to be at least 70 and is still holding it down. Even sneaky Skeletor took a couple of tough turns at the front. Although he still had to act like a jackwagon at the end by drafting off of Publix and the Dad and then sprinting ahead to the finish when they were tired. What does that prove?

Speaking of annoyances I was leading the group at about the 3/4 mark. I had been at the front for 6 minutes and was ready to drop back. We crossed 441 and I moved to the side to fall back. But the people behind me wouldn't pass. They just slowed down too. So here I am out in the road on 441 with my dick in my hand 2 seconds from getting run over. I had to move back in at the front and keep pedaling my ass off. I am getting really tired, I try to drop back a second time and the same shit happens. No one will move up. I guess I should have just put my brakes on. Instead I get back in at the front again. Finally, the Dad just passes a bunch of people and takes over acknowledging that he saw I was trying to drop back. Which was cool of him. So he rides pretty hard for a couple of minutes and calls it quits. Of course that means I'm at the front again. Part of the problem is the Parakeet was behind me and she is not a strong rider. She appears to be in her late 40's and has a tiny frame. She just doesn't have the strength to accelerate when we are already riding at a decent clip.

Anyway I got in a pretty decent work out. Afterward I thanked the Dad for bailing me out. He told me the Kid is only 13. The Kid could be a beast once he's older.

No comments:

Post a Comment