Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Still figuring out the new power meter. This book I'm reading recommends doing a couple of all out 8 minute rides to have an idea of what power to shoot for during rides.

I dutifully went out to Millhopper road to perform this test last Saturday. As I was getting set up some old guy on a bike was looping around and riding off in front of me. So now I'm ready and I take off. I really don't know how to pace myself because I've never ridden 8 minutes all out. I start approaching the old guy but it's taking longer to pass him than I anticipated. I speed up to get by him and keep cranking. I have a couple of minutes to go and I'm tiring. I keep hearing this noise behind me. With about 40 seconds left the old guy passes me. This guy had to have been in his sixties.

Hats off to him. I don't know if I just angered a hornets nest by passing him or if he's just a badass.

Saw the small kid with huge backpack (SKHB) yesterday. That kid is going to have scoliosis by the age of 14.

Other than that I've had some pretty good rides downtown with V. We saw No Age at Common Grounds last Sunday which was cool. Drank my first Scotch at the Top that night. The cupcake place had a "soft opening" last weekend but we didn't make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment