Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving morning. Went out to ride the Sempre on the 13.5 mile Millhopper route. I start at the corner of 43rd and 53rd by the Publix and head straight down Millhopper road passed I-75 until it dead ends then head back to the starting point. There were a lot of bikers, joggers and walkers taking advantage of the lack of cars on a holiday. I looked for some "lazy sunbathers" that Morrissey sings about but couldn't find any.

Anyway, I wasn't sure what to expect. Would I blitz my record time of 40:27 on this new bike? Lately I have been doing the course around 42:00 on the Imola. I hit the stop watch and started pedaling. The seat is harder on this bike but I got used to it during the ride. The bike itself is pretty smooth. It was around 50 degrees so I was wearing an extra layer along with the lobster paws gloves. I finished the ride at 42:07 so that was a little disappointing, basically the same speed as the Imola. There was absolutely no wind so I can't say that affected anything.

I may just need to ride it more . It is kind of weird. You would think that a bike that was almost twice as expensive as the Imola would show more of an immediate improvement in performance. Maybe I was just slow as hell today and the awesomeness of the bike was masking my personal deficiencies. I'll give it another shot later.

No comments:

Post a Comment