Monday, November 22, 2010

It was with a heavy heart that I went over to Gator Cycle today after work. After the flat tire debacle yesterday with the new Sempre I needed a new back up tube for my emergency pack before I could try out my new bike. Despite a heretofore unwavering loyalty to Bikes and More, they were simply to far away for me to bike there and back home and have enough time to ride before it was dark. I bought the tube and headed home. It was windy and overcast. It was already getting dark at 4:20. Ridiculous. The wind was making it snow leaves all around which always looks cool. Anyway got home and discovered the tire I had changed yesterday was now flat as well. I took it over to Bikes and More and the problem was the the stuff supposed to cover the holes of the rim weren't doing that. The tube was getting pinched in the holes and puncturing. They relined the rim with adhesive tape. So I still have not ridden the new bike.

Later Virginia and I rode downtown on the Cortinas to Boca Fiesta. Afterward we peered in the window of where the cupcake place has relocated. Couldn't see much. Next we went to Karma Cream for dessert. I had a chocolate lavender sundae.

I saw the Imola while I was at B&M. It looked really good. They had cleaned it up. I felt sad. Like the bike was thinking that I had rejected it and it would never have let me down like this new bike that can't go 2 seconds without getting a flat. Sigh. Life is complicated enough without me giving inanimate objects thoughts and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment