Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Did a pre-Glider interval workout today before the group ride. My legs were already sore from some new exercises I did on Monday so I was in no mood to push the pace during the group ride.

There is one guy, I'll call Duetsche Bank who has been showing up the last few weeks. He is involved with the Dopple-keet, who as long time readers of this blog know is the Dopple-ganger of the Parakeet. Dopple-keet by the  way was wearing this cycleware that said "Vicious" all over them in Sex Pistols font and colors.

http://viciousvelo.blogspot.com/2010/12/heres-our-jersey-will-anyone-notice-us.html

Anyway Duetsche Bank was talking to Skeletor when we were in the double paceline. He was going on about how he hadn't been riding as much lately and last week he was "popped off" the ride on the I-75 overpass. This surprised him because no one in that group should have been able to drop him like that. I was eavesdropping and that amused me because I was the one who was pushing it on that hill and when I was done he was no where in sight. In his mind it wasn't because I got the better of him at that point in time but rather that he wasn't in shape. Later in the ride some guy was saying that he was riding comfortably at the moment but he didn't know how fast things would get down 53rd ave in the homestretch. Duestche Bank responded not to worry because there wasn't anybody fast in the group. This guy is such a tool.

I've warmed up to Boss Hogg some over the past month or so. I guess Duetsche Bank will be my new nemesis. Oh and nothing special happened in the homestretch. We traded off pulls of 3 minutes or so going around 24-26mph with the help of a little tailwind.



No comments:

Post a Comment