Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Rode to Alachua and back with the Gliders this morning (Wednesday). I was feeling pretty strong. There was a segment I was leading into a headwind up some hills. I was just killing it trying to keep the speed up for the rest of the riders. After 5 minutes when I was ready to fall back I looked behind me and I had inadvertently dropped the whole group.

As usual at the end they maneuvered it so I was leading. They do this so they can rest up for the final sprint and blow by me. Typically, this would annoy me but today I was channeling Glenn Frey and I had a peaceful easy feeling. Honestly, I was feeling so real I could have just jumped out of the saddle and attacked with a half mile to go but I didn't want to mess up this $3700 lynx coat so instead I chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment