Thursday, June 16, 2011

Well today (Thursday) stunk. I had the Sempre all primed on the porch for the sick ass 1 minute intervals commute to and from work. But like Bob Seger I woke last night to the sound of thunder. The rain slowed to a drizzle and I made the call to just drive to work. There wasn't time to saddle up the Cortina and riding the Sempre in the rain didn't thrill me. I was also afraid of skidding out if I had to brake hard doing the intervals on the Sempre.

Anyway I should have just gone for it. The rain stopped. The roads didn't look that wet.

My staffing hours were cut again so Thursday was a tough day in the pharmacy. Someone called me up looking for oxycodone. She said "I'm the white girl that picks up prescriptions for the black girl." I actually realized who she was based on that ridiculous description. It set me to making up all sorts of similarly absurd juxtapositions. "I'm the bearded lady that picks up for the bald guy", etc. It seemed amusing in my head anyway. Note we actually have two bearded lady customers, no lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment